Chapel Of Garioch, Aberdeenshire, Garioch is an ancient district and a lordship associated with that of Mar from the time of Bruce, whose sister was Lady of Garioch, and married to the Earl of Mar.
The Chapel of Garioch, about 3 miles to the north west from Inverurie, was originally a private one dedicated to St Mary.
It was confirmed as a regular chapel by the Abbot Lindores in 1195, but almost certainly existed earlier. It is built on the height of Dundurno on an outlying ridge of Bennachie.
- Chapel Of Garioch Postcode AB51
- Chapel Of Garioch Geolocation Latitude 57°18'18"N Longitude 2°28'16"W
- Chapel Of Garioch Map
- Chapel Of Garioch Weather Forecast
- Chapel Of Garioch Reviews
- Chapel Of Garioch Discussion Forum
- Chapel Of Garioch Tracks & Routes
The chapel became a parish church in 1583.
Balquhain Tower, the seat of the Lindsay family. dating from l53O is just south east of the Chapel of Garioch.