- Macduff Distillery Postcode AB45 3JT
- Macduff Distillery Latitude 57.65788° N Longitude -2.51275° E
- Banff 4 day weather forecast
- Macduff Distillery Reviews
- Macduff Distillery Discussion Forum
In 1958, the Macduff distillery was founded opposite Banff, by a syndicate under the name of Macduff Distillers Ltd, the group included George Crawford, Brodie Hepburn, James Stirret and Morty Dyke.
A couple of years later production commenced and, over the course of the 1960s, further stills were installed, bringing the total to four.
The Macduff distillery draws its waters from the Gelly Burn and lies on the east bank of the River Deveron in Banffshire.
During the 1960s, Scotch whisky exportation increased threefold.