Admission is free
Discover more about the unique history and culture of the city of Inverness and the Scottish Highlands, explore our fascinating range of artefacts and collections that celebrate Highland life and heritage, a bustling tourist destination, offering visitors a remarkable experience to view many exhibits as well as engage in a selection of activities.
The galleries feature both permanent and temporary exhibitions, which includes work from local artists in the community.
For an in-depth look into the Scottish Highland’s history which spans several centuries, this is the place to go.
As you enter the ground floor of the Inverness Museum you will find the permanent displays based on geological and natural history themes and archaeological discoveries.
Walking upstairs you will find an impressive display of weapons, bagpipes, silverware and exquisite artworks.
Visit the Museum Shop and enjoy a light meal at the café.
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Postcode AB45 3SX
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Geolocation Latitude 57.4770° N Longitude -4.2255° W
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Map
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Reviews
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Weather Forecast
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Discussion Forum