Balblair Distillery, just off the A9 and nestling by to the Dornoch Firth, the Balblair Distillery is a real trip back in time.
The tour is delightfully old fashioned, beginning with an introductory video before progressing through the distillery as the milling, mashing, distilling processes.
Founded in 1790, the distillery was rebuilt in 1895 by the designer Charles C Doig to be closer to the Edderton Railway Station on the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway line, located in Edderton, Ross-shire,every cask is sampled, judged and selected by John MacDonald to find its optimum maturation point, the core characteristics of apricots, oranges, spices, floral notes and green apples along with the heavier oils and lipids at the end of the cut are also captured, giving leathery, nutty and full-bodied characteristics.
- Balblair Distillery Geolocation Latitude 57.840473° N Longitude -4.180417° E
- Balblair Distillery Postcode IV19 1LB
- Balblair Distillery Map
- Balblair Distillery Weather Forecast
- Balblair Distillery Reviews
- Balblair Distillery Discussion Forum
- Balblair Distillery Tracks & Routes
For those who are driving, the sample dram is bottled to take away, a sensible move, keeping us all safe on the roads.