Aboyne Castle is a 13th-century castle in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Aboyne Castle is not open to the public, it is situated in private parkland to the north of the village of Aboyne in Deeside and historically was well defended by marshland.
The Castle was first built as a motte and bailey in the 13th century and was fortified in 1307 by order of Edward I, later being converted into a stone keep.
In the late 17th century part of the structure was rebuilt as a tower house by Charles, first Earl of Aboyne and a mansion house was added in 1701, today the view is of a splendid surviving 17th century tower house.
- Aboyne Castle Postcode AB34 5JP
- Aboyne Castle Geolocation Latitude 57.0846° N Longitude -2.7833° W
- Aboyne Castle Map
- Aboyne Castle Weather Forecast
- Aboyne Castle Reviews
- Aboyne Castle Discussion Forum
- Aboyne Castle Tracks & Routes