The Maritime Museum is a range of buildings including a former church and Provost Ross' House, one of the oldest domestic buildings in the city.
The museum is situated on the historic Ship-row in the heart of the city of Aberdeen near the harbour, lots to look at on four floors, offering interesting information on living from the Sea in Aberdeen, from boat building to the discovery of oil.
The exhibits, artefacts,old photos. videos and audio are great at illustrating the many topics such as the importance of the fishing industry.
Particularly liked the sections that dealt with the formation of the Harbor and the shipbuilding and probably the best detailed offshore scale model drilling platform anywhere.
- Free admission
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Geolocation Latitude 57.1465° N Longitude -2.0948° W
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Postcode AB11 5BY
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Map
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Reviews
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Weather Forecast
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Discussion Forum
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum Tracks & Routes
In the Museum you will find a little shop and toilets and a cafe on the ground floor with a wide menu, from snacks to full meals, parking nearby can be expensive. Don't forget to get the coupon for the reduced price NCP parking .