Brora Golf Club Established in 1891
Brora is a little fishing village with stunning view across the North sea heading out to Norway.
This is a Very friendly club, good pro shop, Food in clubhouse is excellent as are very friendly bar staff, an original James Braid designed course, 18 hole golf course, beatiful condition with fast tricky greens.
Tom Watson described it as one of his favourite links course and returns whenever he is in the area.
The Holes 1-9 go north with holes 10-18 returning to the clubhouse, inward holes have more elevation changes, not an easy golf course but fun to play.
Cows and sheep are nearby but did not interfere with play at all, electric current fences surround each green but are easily stepped over, on a sunny day it's simply spectacular, dogs are welcome for general play but must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Brora Golf Club Postcode KW9 6QS
- Brora Golf Club Geolocation 58.007507° N Longitude -3.851439° W
- Brora Golf Club Map
- Brora Golf Club Weather Forecast
- Brora Golf Club Reviews
- Brora Golf Club Discussion Forum
- Brora Golf Club Tracks & Routes
Dogs are not allowed in Open competitions.
- The clubhouse is open 7:30-23:00 daily from May to October.
- The bar is open 11:00 to 23:00 May to September
- Hours are reduced in the winter months.
- The clubhouse opens at 08:00 and closes when the bar closes.
Current bar hours are
- Mon -Thu 11: -16:00, Fri 11:00 - 23:00, Sat 11:00-21:00, Sun 11:00-19:00.
There is no strict dress code, smart casual, Jeans are acceptable on the course and in the clubhouse, they have no rule regarding metal or soft spikes.
While this golf course is quite far north, you are within any reasonable traveling distance from Brora, would highly recommend a visit or get a group of friends together and have an outing, Golspie, Dornoch and Tain are nearby.