The Independent Travellers Booking Process
Why Go Independent
The benefits of reserving your vacation accommodation directly with the owner are numerous. Not only will you have a larger range of places to pick from, but it will also likely be less expensive than reserving through a third party. Furthermore, you have direct contact with the property owner, allowing you to check that the home matches your specific needs. Because the majority of the properties listed on stay4you.com are privately owned and maintained, your inquiry will be forwarded directly to the owner, who will then contact you to answer any questions you may have and process your booking if you want to make one.
Choosing The Accommodation That Suits Your Needs
You have a wide range of vacation accommodations to pick from, so it's worth taking the time to do some preliminary research before making your reservation. The Tourist Board has assessed some of the properties on our site, while others have not. In any case, unlike many other vacation rental listing sites, we do not directly examine or visit advertised properties, so we urge that you learn as much as possible about the property, the area in which it is located, and the owner before making a reservation. Take a good look at the images. For more information visit our home page for more about independent bookings.
Contacting The Owner
Once you've found the holiday accommodation you like, you can then contact the owner directly by phone or by sending an email inquiry. You can decide whether to book instantly online or select the enquire button for the accommodation you have chosen each listing has phone numbers and enquiry forms. There are only a few required fields to fill out, and there is also room for you to ask the owner questions. One of the advantages of booking directly is that you will get immediate answers to your questions. When giving money to someone you haven't met, it's usually a good idea to be cautious. As a result, we recommend that you call the owner personally before providing any information or making any payment. This will allow you to verify that the person with whom you are communicating via email is, in fact, the property owner. It will also provide you with some insight into the type of individual with whom you are interacting. Always utilise the phone number indicated in the advertisement on our website, not one provided to you via email.
It's worth noting that lodging owners are also vulnerable to fraud, so they could be hesitant to give out personal information unless they're sure about the booking and the individual with whom they're working.
We make every effort to get to know our owners and confirm that they are legitimate property owners/managers. Here are some pointers if you want to do your own checks for peace of mind before booking:
- Never do a bank transfer always pay with debit or credit cards.
- Inquire about the area where the cottage is located, such as names of local bars, sights, and beaches, which only the owner is likely to know.
- Check how long they've been promoting themselves. The date the owner listed on stay4you.comr.
- Inquire about the accommodation location and postcode and see if it appears on Google Maps. If Street View is accessible, ensure the property is comparable to the one on Street View.
- About the internet, do some research on the owner and the property. You could look to see if they advertise elsewhere else to ensure that the contact and property information are the same. If the property is also advertised through an OTA, you may be able to locate reviews on it (Online Travel Agent). All of these will contribute to forming a comprehensive image of the property and instilling trust in its authenticity. Of course, there could be minor errors owing to details not being updated, but big inconsistencies should raise red flags!
- If you have any questions, you should contact the advertising website directly. We are always delighted to receive inquiries about homes listed on stay4you.com.
- Please note that owners handle reservations in a variety of ways. Many accept online reservations, and others will require you to fill out a reservation form and sign a rental agreement. Before making a reservation, make sure you understand and agree to the owner's individual terms and conditions which they set out, which may include the cancellation policy, payment terms, limits, and complaints system, among other things. Owners/managers that advertise on stay4you.com are in charge of their own advertising, bookings, and day-to-day operations. If you make a reservation, the contractual arrangement is between you (the vacationer) and the owner/manager, therefore make sure you understand their terms and conditions as well as their cancellation policy before making a reservation.
Protecting Your Vacation
We strongly advise you to purchase holiday insurance when planning a vacation stay to prevent yourself from having to cancel due to unforeseen situations. There are several firms that offer travel insurance, and we urge that you read the policy to make sure the level of coverage suits your needs. We are unable to provide you with any advice regarding the type of insurance you require.