The spirit stills are similar in shape to those at Glenfiddich, but the wash stills are larger.
The character is more floral than Glenfiddich with a soft tongue coating quality.
Aging takes place in a variety of woods: first-fill Bourbon, refill and some Sherry.
There have been very occasional bottlings – as Hazelwood – but in 2013 a limited edition 23-year-old was released, initially for the Taiwanese market.
The following year it was followed up with a 17-year-old for global markets.
- Kininvie Distillery Postcode AB55 4DH
- Kininvie Distillery Latitude 57.46622° N Longitude -3.130028° E
- Dufftown 4 day weather forecast
- Dufftown Map
- Kininvie Distillery Reviews
- Kininvie Distillery Discussion Forum