Leverburgh Routes & Tracks
Upload or Download Your GPS Tracks
#Activities For Everyone
If you are interested in hiking, cycling, or taking scenic drives on the Isle of Harris, Leverburgh and the surrounding environs provide a number of trails and paths that can be explored. Consideration should be given to the following noteworthy routes and tracks.
- Leverburgh: Postcode AB34
- Leverburgh: Latitude 57.0767° N Longitude: -2.7803° W
- Leverburgh Map
- Leverburgh Weather Forecast
- Leverburgh Reviews
- Leverburgh Discussions
- Scotland Accommodation
1. Golden Road (B887): The Golden Road is a beautiful drive that hugs the east coast of Harris and takes you through a variety of landscapes. The vistas along this journey are really wonderful, taking in the craggy terrain, traditional crofting towns, and jagged coastline. It is a wonderful opportunity to discover secluded beaches and villages on the eastern side of the island as you travel around the island.
2. The Coastal Walk from Leverburgh to Rodel: This coastal walk provides not only wonderful views of the coastline but also the opportunity to explore the shoreline. You can begin your journey in Leverburgh and make your way to Rodel in the south, passing through a number of stunning beaches and important historical monuments along the way, such as St. Clement's Church.
3. Take the Luskentyre Circular Walk. Luskentyre Beach is among the most well-known sites in all of Harris. You can appreciate the natural splendour of the beach and the machair (also known as coastal grassland) that surrounds it by going on a stroll that loops around the area. The trek provides some wonderful vantage points from which to take photographs.
4. Clisham Horseshoe Walk: The Clisham Horseshoe Walk is a demanding walk that includes the summit of Clisham, which is the highest point in the Outer Hebrides. Those who are looking for a strenuous walk might consider taking on this challenge. The sweeping vistas from the peak are sure to take your breath away, and the path to get there winds through some stunning mountain scenery.
5. From Tarbert to Scalpay: From Leverburgh, take the road that winds through the countryside to Tarbert. From there, carry on to the nearby island of Scalpay by crossing the bridge. The trail provides picture-perfect vistas of the ocean as well as the shoreline of Scalpay.
6. Road from Leverburgh to Loch Seaforth Viewpoint: Take the road from Leverburgh to the Loch Seaforth viewpoint to see expansive views of the loch and the hills that surround it. It is a beautiful vantage point that is not difficult to reach and provides ample options for photography.
7. Cycling Routes Harris provides a number of cycling routes that are appropriate for bikers of varying skill levels. You have the option of using authorised cycle paths, cycling along the coastal roads, or venturing into the hills. Be sure to look at local bike maps and trails to get more information about the area.
8. Consider Taking a Boat Tour from Leverburgh to the Nearby Isle of Taransay You might think about taking a boat tour from Leverburgh to the Isle of Taransay. It is an excellent method for discovering the natural splendour and animals of the isolated island, such as the seals and seabirds that live there.
9. Off-Road Adventures: If you are interested in off-roading, the interior of the island has a network of tracks and trails that may be explored by mountain bikes and 4x4 vehicles. These trails provide the opportunity to get a taste of the more rugged side of Harris.
It is imperative that you examine the local circumstances, maps, and weather forecasts before beginning any of these trails or paths. Be sure that you are well-prepared for the excursion that you have selected to go on because certain routes may require permits or have certain laws to follow.
Please note: Please check prior to your activity that starting point has public parking areas or can be accessed using public transport.
DISCLAIMER: The information given on the stay4you has been provided in good faith, it is intended only as a general guide. We advise you to verify the accuracy of information before relying on it. It is the responsibility of individuals to approach outdoor activities such as walking with caution. Walking can be strenuous and individuals should ensure that they are fit enough before embarking upon it. If in doubt consult a doctor.