Kishorn Routes & Tracks
Upload or Download Your GPS Tracks
#Activities For Everyone
Kishorn and the area around it are filled to the brim with stunning natural scenery and one-of-a-kind points of interest that appeal to a wide variety of tastes. While you are in Kishorn, here are a few of the most notable locations that you shouldn't miss out on seeing.
- Kishorn Latitude: 57.3974 Longitude: -5.6016
- Kishorn Postcode IV54
- Kishorn 4 day weather forecast
- Kishorn Map
- Kishorn Reviews
- Scotland Accommodation
Bealach na Bà, the most famous mountain pass in the area, should not be missed. The route climbs up and down steep inclines and around hairpin corners, providing passengers with unrivalled vistas of the Scottish Highlands and the Isle of Skye. Make sure to pull over at the lookout so you can take pictures of the stunning scenery.
2. Loch Kishorn: The tranquil waters of Loch Kishorn offer a picture-perfect setting for a variety of outdoor activities and leisure pursuits. You can try your hand at fishing, take a leisurely stroll around the loch's shoreline, or even go canoeing or kayaking on the water.
3. The Applecross Peninsula: Although it is not technically part of Kishorn, the nearby Applecross Peninsula is very easy to reach and features some of the most breathtaking coastal scenery, quaint settlements, and opportunities to see animals such as red deer.
4. Hiking Trails: If you're looking for an adventure, head out on one of the nearby hiking trails and see the wild Highland landscapes. Some hiking paths lead to vantage places that provide breathtaking panoramas of the surrounding area, such as the views that can be had from Bealach na Bà.
5. Eilean Donan Castle Despite only being a short drive away, the magnificent Eilean Donan Castle is a true jewel of Scotland. It is one of the most famous castles in the nation and may be found on a small island at the meeting point of three lochs.
6. Observing animals: Keep your eyes out for local animals, such as red deer, numerous bird species, and perhaps seals or dolphins if you're lucky enough to find yourself in the loch.
7. Craft Galleries and Shops in the Neighbourhood Discover the local arts and crafts scene by going to galleries and shops in the neighbourhood that sell one-of-a-kind goods made by local artisans.
8. Watching the Sunset: If you're looking for a place with amazing views of the sun setting over the river and the hills, Kishorn is the place to go. Take pictures of the beautiful colours and reflections that are on the loch.
9. Culduie Beach: This quaint beach is located close to Kishorn and provides a serene setting to relax and take in the sights of the coast.
10. Culinary Experiences: Indulge in the traditional dishes of Scotland at one of the many restaurants or pubs in the area. Devour hearty meals such as fish and chips, Cullen skink (a soup made with smoked fish), and other delicious fare.
11. Outdoor Adventures If you are someone who enjoys challenging themselves in new environments, you can partake in sports such as rock climbing, mountain biking, or even take a boat excursion to get a different perspective of the place.
12. The Torridon Mountains Although they are located a little further away, the Torridon Mountains are a paradise for climbers and hikers, with breathtaking scenery and challenging paths to explore.
Keep in mind that the appeal of Kishorn rests in the natural beauty of the area, the serenity of the setting, and the possibility of becoming completely immersed in the Scottish Highlands. Be cautious to examine the working hours of local attractions as well as any restrictions that may be in place, especially in light of the changing weather conditions and other aspects of travel.
Please note: Please check prior to your activity that starting point has public parking areas or can be accessed using public transport.
DISCLAIMER: The information given on the stay4you has been provided in good faith, it is intended only as a general guide. We advise you to verify the accuracy of information before relying on it. It is the responsibility of individuals to approach outdoor activities such as walking with caution. Walking can be strenuous and individuals should ensure that they are fit enough before embarking upon it. If in doubt consult a doctor.