Taymouth Castle, Perthshire lies just north east of Kenmore, and was formerly the seat of the earls of Breadalbane, It has since played different including a school.
The present Castle was erected in 1801 to replace an earlier structure known as Balloch Castle, which was built by Grey Colin, 3rd Laird of Glenorchy, about I580. The blueish grey-stone of which the Castle is built was obtained locally from quarries above Bolfracks House.
In 1842 the west wing was added for Queen Victoria’s visit in that year.
The interior of the Castle was lavishly decorated, and the ceilings of the rooms on the south front of the main block took over seven years to complete.
- Taymouth Castle Geolocation Latitude 56.5869° N Longitude -3.9860° W
- Taymouth Castle Postcode PH15 2NT
- Taymouth Castle Map
- Taymouth Castle Weather Forecast
- Taymouth Castle Reviews
- Taymouth Castle Discussion Forum
- Taymouth Castle Tracks & Routes