Glentauchers Distillery was one of the many distilleries which fell foul of the slump in demand in the early 1980s and was mothballed in 1985.
It was, somewhat surprisingly at the time, snapped up by one of Diageo’s rivals, Allied Distillers, in 1989, the Allied estate became part of Chivas Brothers in 2005, when it became a named component of Ballantine’s, the firm didn’t restart production until 1992.
it is not commonly seen other than as a bottling from Gordon & MacPhail.
However, in July 2017 Glentauchers was released as a 15-year-old single malt, under the Ballantine’s brand.
- Glentauchers Distillery Postcode AB55 6YL
- Glentauchers Distillery Latitude 57.53417° N Longitude -3.05028° E
- Glentauchers Distillery Map
- Keith 4 day weather forecast
- Glentauchers Reviews
- Glentauchers Discussion Forum