The name Allt A Bhainne distillery, comes from the Gaelic it translates as 'Burn of Milk'. Allt-A-Bhainne distillery was built in 1975, it was not originally built for single malt production, there are no large rickhouses for long-term storage. Most of the spirit is sent in tankers to the Chivas casking facilities, and the rest is barrelled and then sent for storage.
Today the equipment is contained in a single room with mash tun at one end and four stills at the other. in recent years occasionally they produce Allt-A-Bhainne, a heavily-peated variant whisky with smoky notes and classic Speyside elements.
This is a Scotch whisky made in a distillery in the Speyside Region of Scotland, it was built by Seagram in 1975 during a period of growing optimism in the Scotch industry the distillery can be found down the road from the well-known whisky town of Dufftown.
Allt-a-Bhainne is only very occasionally seen as a single malt bottling, with a global demand rising, owner Chivas Brothers has the distillery in full production once more.
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery Postcode AB55 4DB
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery Geolocation Latitude 57.3947° N Longitude -3.2065° W
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery weather forecast
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery Map
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery Reviews
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery Discussion Forum
- Allt a' Bhainne Distilery Tracks & Routes